4USource is redefining & driving service engineering with the reuse of highly standardized service building blocks to engineer any IT service product. Currently, 4USource library contains of more than 10,000 service building blocks to support the service engineering and product building process.
Service engineering involves several activities along the service life cycle processes to build any service. It starts with the creation, design, development and implementation of the required service. Eventually, the service has to fulfill the customers requirement in terms of:
- The quality of service
- The scope of service
- The quantity of service
- The market & unit price of the service
This service engineering model is based on the service classification and taxonomy model developed by 4USource and the “Institute for Service Science” department from the University of St. Gallen.
‘Service Engineering is the backbone to build any Service Model and is driving the automation and industrialization process of IT Services‘.
Benefits from Service Engineering
- It provides a systematic approach to building services
- Reuse service components built from standardized service building blocks
- Prerequisite for digitalising IT/ business services
- Generates the service assembly and bill of materials